Who can propose a co-sponsored event?
Co-sponsored events can be proposed by any IMC member, and anyone can become a member! Find out more about membership here.
Why propose an event for co-sponsorship?
What kind of event can I propose for co-sponsorship?
Co-sponsored events advance the IMC's mission to foster the creation and distribution of media and art that emphasizes underrepresented voices and perspectives and to promote empowerment and expression through media and arts education. We have had forums, live music performances, spoken word shows, dance performances, script readings, art workshops and more!
How do I propose a co-sponsored event?
You can print the PDF and bring it in or scan and email it to us!
Email co-sponsorships to [email protected].
What am I responsible for if my event is selected for co-sponsorship?
Host must take responsibility for:
- Creating all publicity materials including social media and print materials
- Including the UCIMC logo and IL Arts Council Logo on any promotional materials (see logo files below)
Announcing the co-sponsorship at the event with the following statement or something similar:
- "This event is cosponsored by the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center, a grassroots organization committed to media, arts, and technology for social change. The UCIMC is supported in part by the Illinois Arts Council and by our membership. Please consider supporting the IMC by becoming a member or giving a donation."
- Arranging to get training on the A/V equipment, if it will be used
- Helping to set up and clean up the space
- Upon request, submitting a security plan, particularly for events over 75 people
Additional notes: We hope you’ll consider collaborating with UCIMC working groups as you plan your event(s). For more about the working groups, visit www.ucimc.org/projects2
Where do I find IMC Logos for flyers?
Here! Go to our IMC Logos Folder, which includes our simple logo in black and white and our header-footer logo with our full name. Please also include the text: "This event is cosponsored by the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center, a grassroots organization committed to media, arts, and technology for social change. The UCIMC is supported in part by the Illinois Arts Council"
Do you like this page?