Winter 2023 Programming Interns
The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center (UCIMC) is seeking part-time Programming Interns to build community connections and fresh programs.
The Programming Intern will work approximately 10 hours per week or 40 hours per month. Interns work on a volunteer basis with a stipend of $200 per month to help cover expenses. Interns may be asked to work evenings and weekends. Interns report to the Executive Director.
About the UCIMC
UCIMC is a 20-year-old grassroots organization committed to using media, arts, and technology to promote social and economic justice. Our Center is powered by hundreds of volunteers who come together in a do-it-yourself spirit to amplify underrepresented voices and perspectives. To this end, the UC-IMC owns the downtown Urbana post office building, a historic 30,000 square foot space where we operate a performance venue with over 150 music, art, and social events each year -- as well an art gallery and studios, community radio station, music studio, library and archive, Makerspace, Books to Prisoners, and more.
Applicants should submit the following to [email protected]:
- A resume/CV
- Letter of intent
- Two references
Applications are due by December 9th.
Internship Length: Internships may begin either January 9th or January 23rd, depending on availability, and go until May 12th.
- Get to know the IMC community & resources including the venue, Board Committees, working groups and community network
- Plan a program (discussion forum, radio show, single band performance, film-showing, or workshop) with support from Programming Committee
- Create publicity for intern-created event and other IMC programs
- Collaborate with other IMC staff, volunteers and community partners to implement & reflect on event
- Help with regular data entry including entering newsletter subscribers, memberships, and event data
- Other duties as assigned
Successful applicants will bring a commitment to practicing the following mindsets:
- Welcoming & Caring
At the IMC, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive because they benefit our employees, volunteers and our community. The IMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we extend this to our interns and volunteers.
Do you like this page?