Fall 2022 Programming Intern
The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center (UCIMC) is seeking a part-time Programming Intern to build community connections and relevant programs.
The Programming Intern will work approximately 10 hours per week or 40 hours per month. Interns work on a volunteer basis with a stipend available to help cover expenses. Interns may be asked to work evenings and weekends. Interns report to the Executive Director.
About the UCIMC
UCIMC is a 20-year-old grassroots organization committed to using media, arts, and technology to promote social and economic justice. Our Center is powered by hundreds of volunteers who come together in a do-it-yourself spirit to amplify underrepresented voices and perspectives. To this end, the UC-IMC owns the downtown Urbana post office building, a historic 30,000 square foot space where we operate a performance venue with over 150 music, art, and social events each year -- as well an art gallery and studios, community radio station, music studio, library and archive, Makerspace, Books to Prisoners, and more.
Applicants should submit the following to [email protected]:
- A resume/CV
- Letter of intent
- Two references
Applications submitted by Friday, September 9th will be given priority. Position start date is Tuesday, September 20th.
- Get to know the IMC community & resources including the venue, Board Committees, working groups and community network
- Plan a program (discussion forum, radio show, single band performance, film-showing, or workshop) with support from Programming Committee
- Create publicity for intern-created event and other IMC programs
- Collaborate with other IMC staff, volunteers and community partners to implement & reflect on event
- Help with regular data entry including entering newsletter subscribers, memberships, and event data
- Other duties as assigned
Successful applicants will bring a commitment to practicing the following mindsets:
- Welcoming & Caring
Equal Opportunity Employment
At the IMC, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive because they benefit our employees and our community. The IMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace.