Part-time Administrative Associate
The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center (IMC) is seeking a part-time Administrative Associate
Founded in 2000, the IMC is a grassroots organization committed to using media, arts, and technology to promote social and economic justice. We own the downtown Urbana post office building where we operate a performance venue, art gallery and studios, community radio station, media training facility, and community media space. Our projects include Makerspace Urbana, Books to Prisoners, the Public i Newspaper, WRFU 104.5 FM. The center is powered by hundreds of volunteers who come together in a do-it-yourself spirit to create media and art to transform our community and world.
Position is 20 hours a week. $15/hr. Benefits: 10 all purpose days. Reports to the Executive Director.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and three references (2 related to previous employment) to Miriam Larson at email@example.com or to 202 S. Broadway Ave #100, Urbana IL 61801. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please no phone calls.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and Google Docs required.
- Experience with non-profit or business administration required.
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively with changing priorities.
- Mature judgment, strong organization and communication skills.
- Experience with property management is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures financial bookkeeping records are complete and current.
- Review, track and prepare income and expenses for authorization.
- Enter all transactions in Quickbooks - income and expenses.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the board and working groups, overseen by Treasurer.
- Support annual audit.
- Supports tax preparation which is performed by the accountant.
- Assists financial aspects of grant submission and reporting.
- Attends finance committee meetings.
- Support annual board financial orientation with E.D. and Treasurer
Property Management Support
- Set up and track accounts receivable for all tenant contracts.
- Support the E.D. in promoting full occupancy of all room rental and parking spaces through aggressive and regular advertising and showing of spaces.
- Manages and maintains room rental and parking agreements, signing and resigning of leases, and payments.
- Track keys, deposits and access.
- Receive, record, and direct phone correspondence to appropriate persons.
- Monitor, file or direct mail and correspondence to proper persons or locations.
- Keep records and files organized and current.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- $15 per hour based on experience. 20 hours a week. 10 all purpose days.
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
After an initial 3 month evaluation, the Executive Director will evaluate the Administrative Assistant annually.
PROMOTION OF DIVERSITY
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center is an AA/EEO employer. Women, people of color, and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.