Office and Studio Rentals - with business incentive grants!
The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center is located in the historic Post Office building in the heart of downtown Urbana. We offer creative, inspiring and collaborative spaces to work -- at affordable rates!
Monthly rents start as low as $155/month with all utilities included. We offer prime offices with great access and views of downtown. A variety of large and small spaces are available at competitive prices for retail services, offices, workshops, studios, and more.
Contact email@example.com or (217) 344-8820 to arrange a tour.
Up to $2000 in grants are available from the City of Urbana for new businesses - we can help you apply!
The Urbana Economic Development Division administers several programs aimed at attracting new and improving existing businesses and commercial developments (including arts and music businesses by sole proprietors). These programs include economic incentives in the form of grants and redevelopment assistance. City staff will also provide detailed market information, conduct real estate searches, and give guidance throughout the development process.
Please contact the Economic Development Division at 217-384-2444 if you have any questions. Staff will assist you in reviewing the incentive programs to determine what is the best fit for your business or project.
1. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT GRANT ($1,000 - $2,000)
- For new, expanding and transitioning businesses
- Required consultation with SBDC/SCORE
- Business Planning expenses covered up front; remainder awarded as a grant
2. BUSINESS OPENING GRANT ($1,000)
- For new and expanding businesses
- Awarded to business opening ceremony or ribbon cutting
- Available to Priority Use businesses