Membership is a vital part of the UCIMC: members govern the organization, elect the board, and contribute financially to the sustainability of the UCIMC. We'd love to have you as part of the group!
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a member of the UCIMC, you get a host of great benefits, including the ability to:
- Know that you are sustaining one of the country's longest-running Independent Media Centers!
- Participate in governing the organization and make key decisions about what we do, including electing the Board of Directors or serving on the Board yourself
- Propose a show on WRFU 104.5, the IMC's low-power, community-run radio station
- Serve as the key holder for an IMC Working Group
- Get discounts on event space rentals at the IMC
- Book meeting space at the IMC up to 3 hrs/week for free
- Propose that the IMC co-sponsor events hosted by you
Note: We try to keep our membership dues affordable so that the whole community can participate. If you're moved to provide additional financial support, we welcome you to make a donation here.
- We offer a Lifetime Membership for individuals who make a one-time donation of $1,000 or more to the IMC
- Sign up for a $50 Standard Individual Membership
- We offer a $25 Low-Income Individual Membership for individuals who earn less than $20,000/yr or who are on SSI/Disability. (To respect your privacy, we do not ask for proof of income)
- If paying for membership would compromise your ability to have adequate access to food, housing, or medication, we offer a Sweat Equity Membership in exchange for 5 hours of volunteer time doing specific tasks (e.g. Staffing open hours or events, building maintenance, etc)
- If you would like this option, please complete this Sweat Equity request form.
- Note: You must schedule your hours with the executive director in advance for them to count towards membership. You will receive membership once your hours are complete.
If you would prefer to mail in your membership, you may download this printable membership form.