Membership is a vital part of the UCIMC. Members take on the responsibility of creating the long-term vision of the IMC, electing the board members, and contributing financially to the sustainability of the IMC.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a member of the UCIMC, you get a host of benefits, including the ability to:
- Know that you are sustaining one of the country's longest-running Independent Media Centers. You are, in a very real way, giving to the future. Just as 20 years ago a handful of people decided to invest in the idea of an IMC and built the infrastructure for us to continue to build on today.
- Participate in governing the organization including policy decision-making, electing the Board of Directors, serving on the Board yourself, planting your ideas, and creating the vision and long-term goals of the IMC.
- By supporting the IMC, you are also supporting the infrastructure that all the current Working Groups and Fiscally Sponsored Programs depend on.
- Propose your radio show idea to WRFU 104.5 FM, the IMC's low-power, community-run radio station.
- Serve as a key-holder for an IMC Working Group.
- Get discounts on event space rentals at the IMC.
- Book small group meeting space at the IMC for up to 3 hours per week for free.
- Propose that your event be co-sponsored by the IMC.
- Standard Annual Individual Membership is $50 per year.
- Low-Income Annual Individual Membership is $25 per year.
Sweat Equity Membership: If paying for membership would compromise your ability to have adequate access to food, housing, or medication, we offer a Sweat Equity Membership in exchange for 5 hours of volunteer time doing specific tasks (e.g. staffing open hours, staffing events, building maintenance tasks, etc)
- Note: You must schedule your hours with the IMC Staff. You will receive membership once your hours are complete. We value your participation.
- Lifetime Membership is for individuals who make a one-time donation of $1,000 or more.
Organizational Membership is $100 per year.
- Note: Organizations receive reduced space rental and can assign up to 5 key-holders. However, organizational members cannot participate in governance. This is reserved for individual memberships.
If you would prefer to mail in your membership, you may download this printable membership form.
Thank you very much for considering supporting the IMC with your input, your presence, and your gifts.
Do you like this page?