How to propose your own show
After joining and becoming a WRFU member, the process to start your own radio show is:
- Write up a proposal that includes the following: show title, show length, time slot (needs to be unoccupied by another show), who is hosting the show, the purpose of the show, and whether the show is going to be recorded live at the station or pre-recorded elsewhere.
- Email the station manager, wrfumanager (at) ucimc.org, introducing yourself and attaching your proposal
To join and become a WRFU member, it costs $25 per year in addition to the cost of membership of the Independent Media Center, which is normally $50 per year. Please complete your membership by filling out the form at https://www.ucimc.org/wrfu_join and clicking on the blue Continue to Paypal button. If you have more questions, please contact the station manager, BJ Clark, via email at wrfumanager (at) ucimc.org.
How to submit a Public Service Announcement (PSA)
- We can take a variety of public-service announcements and broadcast them periodically. There are some things we can't accept as a noncommercial station - for example, we can't advertise goods or services, and can mention upcoming events but can't announce what they cost.
- There's no charge for PSAs, but we welcome donations to the station.
- 30 seconds is a good goal for the length of your PSA, but it can be up to 60 seconds
- PSAs (text or audio file) may be e-mailed to wrfu-psa (at) ucimc.org
- More advice and tips for PSAs can be found at https://www.ucimc.org/wrfu_psa
How to attend a WRFU monthly meeting
- Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:15 PM
- For the time being, meetings are held via Zoom (still true as of Nov 2021).
- If you're on the rfu (at) ucimc.org e-mail list, you should get an e-mail with the link.
- Write to wrfumanager (at) ucimc.org to ask how to connect to the meeting.
How to join our [email protected] e-mail list
- Write to us at wrfumanager (at) ucimc.org
- This list is for people interested in running shows or interested in what's happening at the station.
- Our monthly meetings are announced on rfu (at) ucimc.org