- About Us
- Get Involved
- Our Projects
- Support Us
- Our Building
UCIMC Space Rental
UCIMC houses a 299 capacity community center, complete with a stage, lighting and sound equipment. This provides an opportunity to hold conferences, workshops, performances, art exhibits and other events on-site at hourly or daily rates. There are other smaller meeting rooms available, as well as a public computer access lab.
Located at 202 S. Broadway near Lincoln Square Mall in Urbana, the UCIMC is an ideal low-cost venue to host your:
Child's Birthday Party
Art Gallery Opening
Rate Schedule & Information
- All events are smoke free.
- Most events are alcohol free with all ages are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- To have alcohol, liquor liability insurance is required at time of signing
- A security deposit and down payment on the rental is required.
- UCIMC Members can rent one space for $30/hr, or $300/day. Both spaces simultaneously go for $45/hr or $450/day.
- Non-members can rent one space for $40/hr or $400/day. They can rent both spaces for $600/hr or $60/day.
- If there is an admission fee for the event, the UCIMC collects $1 per person.
- The event deposit is the greater of $100 or 50% of the amount of the space rental. This is an event space security deposit that will be refunded pending inspection of space, confirmation of no damages, and completion of all required items.
Sound System Information
For events requiring a sound system, there are three options:
- You provide and use your own sound system
- An IMC sound technician scheduled in advance; $50/a night
- We train you as a sound tech, you offer to volunteer at future events; $25/a night.
Only venue approved sound technicians are allowed to use the venue sound system and access the Venue Equipment Cabinet. Venue may or may not have sound technicians available. Training is available by appointment. No venue approved sound technician means no show.
We love art exhibitions! We will host your art exhibit in the Sun Room under the following conditions:
The space is rented for a reception for the exhibit at the normal rate.
The UCIMC receives a 10% commission on all sales.
The exhibit is up for no greater than three weeks, and the artist is responsible for hanging and removing the artwork in a timely fashion.
If you'd like to schedule your event at the UCIMC, please let us know! Call us at (217) 344-8220 or email us email@example.com
The Sun Room
Connected to the IMC Main Space (see below).
Size - 2300 square feet
The Main Space
Connected to the Sun Room (see above).
Raised stage; lighting and sound sound equipment.
Size - 2500 square feet
Capacity of both spaces – 299